- 11 cups semolina course
- 3 cups semolina fine
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons mahlepi (optional flavour)
- 5 packs of unsalted butter 250g each
- 1/2 cup orange blossom water (mazaher)
- 2 tablespoon of yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 5 packs of pitted dates 500g each
- 2 spoons of cinnamon ground
- 1 Tablespoon cloves
- 1 Tablespoon nutmeg
- 150g of unsalted butter
- Combine the semolina, flour, icing sugar and butter then leave it for about 1-2 hours.
- Mix the dates and the seasoning then put it in the microwave in batches for 5 minutes
- Add butter to soften the dates then put it in the food processor to puree to make a well formed dough
- Shape them into small balls
- Add the yeast to the water then pour it over the semolina then add the orange blossom water and mix thoroughly until it becomes a well formed dough.
- Divide the mixture into small pieces, they should be about the same size as the mould
- Lay a piece of the dough in the palm of your hand and flatten it with your other hand
- Then add the date filling in the middle of the dough and fold it over
- Place the dough in the mould and press gently to set
- Tap the mould out and place them on a tray
- Bake them in a 180 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes
- Sprinkle with icing sugar when cooled
- This recipe makes up to 120 cookies
Tip: Sprinkle some flour into the mould before using it to stop the dough from sticking.
Thank you so much for stopping by xoxo
- Tasmanian Salmon Fillets (Skin On)
- 1 Sliced Lemon
- 1 Sliced Tomato
- Rosemary sprigs
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Pinch of Cumin
- Pinch of Cayenne
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Get yourself some kitchen foil and put a few slices of lemon in the centre.
- Lay your salmon fillet, skin-side down over the lemon.
- Top with left over sliced lemon, sliced tomatoes and a few sprigs of rosemary.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with cayenne pepper, cumin, salt and pepper. I added a sprinkle of Dukkah from my previous recipe (optional).
- Pull the foil edges together and scrunch them up to seal the parcel.
- Put the baking tray into your hot oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let it stand for a minute before carefully unwrapping and checking that the salmon is cooked through.
Bon Appetit xoxo
Lets get social – Please feel free to share my posts and follow me on social media.
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest