- 140g Icing Sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 250g Butter
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 375g Flour
- 235g Icing Sugar
- 1 Egg White
- 3 Tsp Cold Water
- Mix together the butter, icing sugar, vanilla and the egg yolk, setting the egg white aside for the icing.
- Cream together the mixture and add in the flour a little bit at a time until it forms a dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190oC.
- Spread flour on the worktop and roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
- Using your christmas cookie cutters, cut out shapes and put them on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until they are lightly golden brown.
- Carefully slide them off the tray and onto a cooling rack.
- While your cookies are cooling down, mix the icing sugar with the egg white, and add a teaspoon at a time of cold water.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a thin nozzle, and pipe onto the cooled cookies.