- 11 cups semolina course
- 3 cups semolina fine
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons mahlepi (optional flavour)
- 5 packs of unsalted butter 250g each
- 1/2 cup orange blossom water (mazaher)
- 2 tablespoon of yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 5 packs of pitted dates 500g each
- 2 spoons of cinnamon ground
- 1 Tablespoon cloves
- 1 Tablespoon nutmeg
- 150g of unsalted butter
- Combine the semolina, flour, icing sugar and butter then leave it for about 1-2 hours.
- Mix the dates and the seasoning then put it in the microwave in batches for 5 minutes
- Add butter to soften the dates then put it in the food processor to puree to make a well formed dough
- Shape them into small balls
- Add the yeast to the water then pour it over the semolina then add the orange blossom water and mix thoroughly until it becomes a well formed dough.
- Divide the mixture into small pieces, they should be about the same size as the mould
- Lay a piece of the dough in the palm of your hand and flatten it with your other hand
- Then add the date filling in the middle of the dough and fold it over
- Place the dough in the mould and press gently to set
- Tap the mould out and place them on a tray
- Bake them in a 180 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes
- Sprinkle with icing sugar when cooled
- This recipe makes up to 120 cookies
Tip: Sprinkle some flour into the mould before using it to stop the dough from sticking.
Thank you so much for stopping by xoxo
Many thanks to Gee for nominating me for the Liebester Award. I have enjoyed reading your blog posts and I am truly honored to be receiving this nomination. You have made my day!
It is my pleasure to nominate:
Simply Etta D
A kinder way
Travels of a beauty addict
Love to review333
My answers to Gee’s questions:
1. Where do you get your inspiration? Family, music, food… I can go on and on
2. What is your pet peeve? People who think they’re better than others.
3. What’s your worst fear? None
4. What is your favourite film? Breakfast at Tiffany’s
5. What are your plans for 2016? Learning more about Graphic Design and blogging.
6. What are your life goals? Enjoying and living life to the fullest.
7. What do you do besides blogging? Being a mum/ wife/ Graphic designer
8. What’s your favourite food? This is the hardest question of them all…. Mum’s cooking anything from falafel to baklava.
9. If you could take one thing to a desert island what would it be? A compass or a knife
10. What’s your favourite book? The Gruffalo
11. What countries have you visited? The middle East, Europe, Asia and parts of Africa.
My 11 random facts about me:
- I love TimTams
- I have one dimple
- 9 out of 10 times I will misspell definitely
- My favourite city is Tokyo
- I always watch comedies
- My name is Amel and it means Hope
- I love to paint
- I have a cat
- Im allergic to my cat
- I cant walk in high heels
- I have a beauty and lifestyle blog – Her Quarters –
My 11 questions to my nominees:
- One word that describes you best?
- Who is your dream dinner party guest?
- What’s the first thing you see if you turn your head right?
- What is your favourite food?
- Cat or Dog?
- Tea or coffee?
- Arts or Science?
- What do you like most about your country?
- Where was your last, best vacation?
- Greatest meal you have ever eaten?
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
Thank you to everyone for reading and thanks to the inspiring bloggers that I have nominated.